Motor Sports Technician
School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The Motor Sports Technician program offers interactive classroom instruction and hands-on experience in the technical and mechanical repair of sophisticated recreational outdoor vehicles such as motorcycles and ATVs.
Emphasis within the program on troubleshooting and maintenance allows students to build a solid foundation in shop safety and precision measuring as well as the systems of repair work standard in the industry. For example, students will study engine, fuel, and brake systems, develop skills in repair troubleshooting and diagnosis, and learn specific skills for the maintenance and repair for ATVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and power equipment.
Near the end of the program, students will complete the Briggs and Stratton Technical Certifications as well as the Polaris Bronze and Silver Certifications, which are important for employment within the industry. Finally, the DATC’s close connections with local repair shops allows students to form important relationships with those providing gainful employment as motor sports technicians.
- Program Cost
- (Tuition, Student Fees and Books. Some courses may require additional fees.)
- Program Length
- 720 hours (8 months)
- Main Campus
- Open Enrollment Year Round
- DATC Credentials
- DATC Certificate of Program Completion
- Industry Certifications
- The DATC Motor Sports Technician program provides students with the necessary skills to begin employment in their selected field. Students who complete their program will be prepared to take the tests for the following certifications:
- CTE Skill Certificate (High School Students Only)
- Small Engine Repair I
- Placement Rates
- Utah Job Outlook and Work Requirements
- Motorcycle Mechanics
- Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mec
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the DATC Admissions process:
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services
- Start class