School of Business & IT
School of Construction
School of Health Professions
School of Manufacturing
School of Service Professions
School of Transportation
Request a Tour!
The Firefighter program prepares students for employment as firefighters. Students will learn beginning and advanced structural and wildland firefighting skills and hazardous materials operations.
The DATC is accredited by the Utah Fire and Rescue Academy (UFRA) and the firefighter courses are designed to meet the National Fire Protection Association professional qualifications requirements for certification. Students who complete all of the Firefighter courses will be prepared to earn the following UFRA certifications: Hazardous Materials Awareness, Hazardous Materials Operations, Firefighter I, Firefighter II, Wildland Firefighter I, and Wildland Firefighter II. Through partnerships with the Layton City Fire Department and North Davis Fire District, the DATC is able to provide an exceptional training experience to students.
- Program Length
- 340 hours (6 months)
- Building Y-16 Freeport Center
- Open Enrollment Year Round
- Training Schedule
FIRE 1025: Firefighter II
May 20, 2017 - Jun 17, 2017
06:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Tu Th *Sa
*Saturdays: 8:00am - 5:00pm×
- DATC Credentials
- DATC Certificate of Program Completion
- Industry Certifications
- The DATC Firefighter program provides students with the necessary skills to begin employment in their selected field. Students who complete their program will be prepared to take the tests for the following certifications:
- Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Hazardous Materials - Awareness
- Hazardous Materials - Basic Operation
- Verify you meet program Admissions Requirements
- Complete the DATC Admissions Application
- Complete the checklist and forms:
- Meet with an Enrollment Technician in Student Services and submit the forms and all required admissions documentation. Admission is on a first come, first serve basis.